The Torah High Schools of San Diego was established to fill a critical void in Jewish secondary education in this city.
Our mission is to prepare individuals for a lifetime of learning, spiritual growth, and community responsibility as Jews. Our goal is to provide our students with an outstanding Torah education and an excellent college preparatory secular education in a warm, nurturing environment that reinforces their commitment to Torah and observance of mitzvot.
Torah High is a proud affiliate of the Rabbinical Seminary of America – Yeshiva Chofetz Chaim of Forest Hills, NY, an institution well known for its focus on in-depth Torah learning and Mussar, character development.
Since its inception in 1933, Yeshiva Chofetz Chaim has been devoted to furthering the cause of Jewish education. Yeshiva Chofetz Chaim has successfully established Yeshivas and other educational centers in cities across the United States, currently educating over 1800 students at the high school and post-secondary level.
Torah High students are encouraged to strive for excellence in both their Judaic and secular studies. Each student is challenged to reach her own potential. Individual attention ensures that each student develops at her own pace. Teachers serve as facilitators in the discovery process. Excitement about learning serves as a basis for personal growth. Students learn to appreciate the timeless relevance of our Torah. Love for Torah, Israel, and your fellow Jew is emphasized. Communal responsibility is valued as a way of life – not just an extracurricular activity. Students learn to appreciate the beauty of the Torah and our Heritage. Torah High Schools of San Diego is a warm, nurturing learning environment.
MORE FACTS ABOUT TORAH HIGH
- The school has received national recognition for its outstanding academic program.
- The school maintains a rigorous dual curriculum of College Preparatory and Torah studies. The school’s average SAT scores, percent of students taking AP tests, and AP passage rate, rank it among the top high schools in San Diego.
- Our graduates have consistently attended the finest seminaries and universities in the world including UCLA, UCSD, UC Berkeley, McGill University, Barnard College, Brandeis University, and Stern College.
- Our graduates are currently applying to graduate schools in the fields of medicine, law, secondary education, special education, and social work. They have chosen careers where they believe they will have the greatest impact on helping others.
- Our alumni and students are assuming leadership positions in youth groups and on college campuses. They volunteer for a range of community service projects from working with children with disabilities to visiting the elderly.
- A major focus of the school is instilling a love and connection to Israel. Approximately 80% of our graduates have continued their Torah education in Israel before attending college
Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy as to Students
Torah High Schools of San Diego admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.